Monday, September 26, 2016

Class cancelled for Monday, Sept. 26

Apologies for the short notice, but I've been called out of town today and I'm afraid I won't be available for our class scheduled for Monday, Sept. 26.

So no class this evening. On the plus side, you won't have to worry about missing any of this evening's exciting presidential debate!

I'll post more information about what I'd like you to do this week in advance of next class.

I've received almost everyone's blog info and many of them look great. Looking forward to seeing them get built out.

For this week, we will have a writing assignment. More info on that later.

And you'll need to get further with reading in the "Media Writing" textbook as well as the "Inside Scoop" book.

Specifically:

• In "Dynamics of Media Writing," please read chapters 7 and 8. We'll talk about this material in class next time. Chapter 7 focuses on legal issues and is particularly rich with important info.

• In "The Inside Scoop," please read through the end of Chapter 9. Pay attention to how their dispute with the Pillsbury Corp. unfolded. We'll be using that as the basis for several writing assignments.

And I'll post details about the writing assignment a bit later on, and will sent it by e-mail as well.

Any questions, please don't hesitate.

Thanks for bearing with me and my unpredictable schedule.

Jeff R.

No comments:

Post a Comment